Hayden, being a the kind young woman that she is, loves making friends with everyone, no matter who they are or even if they hate her. However, unlike Judai, she is knowledgeable when it comes to knowing when there are others out there that dislike her very much but she doesn't let this bother her. She is unable to control how people feel and therefore is accepting to it and that person's personal beliefs in something. On top of that, she helps others in need on a regular basis, no matter the purpose or reason, that includes her younger brother, whom rarely asks for her help. Hayden is just a giving and helpful person and does her best not to make enemies. She does, however, enjoy having a good time, but only when the time is appropriate. She is not a party hardy all the time kind of girl, for she does take her education very seriously, making high marks in all her classes. Hayden also loves cooking but seems to enjoy making strange dishes that have bizarre tastes to them. To her, they taste fine but to others, it's a different story. She can make regular dishes that are of something normal but she's always been the kind of girl that liked learning to experiment with ideas and learn new things. Concerning her new found powers, Hayden trains hard alongside her fiancée and his friends (whom she's also friends with), to be able to use them more effectively in a fight.
Due to Hayden's pacifist nature, her powers do not always work effectively as they should. When her mind is plagued with thoughts of worry and doubt, her powers become weaker, making them and herself vulnerable to any counter attacks thrown her way. Her powers are strong in their own right but she needs to work on her confidence and determination to use them at their fullest with no hesitation whatsoever. Hayden wishes to become stronger to protect those she cares about. Having a pactio may not be something she knew she would gain but she is going to try her hardest in using it correctly so she won't let anybody down. That is one of her biggest fears is letting everyone down, be it her friends or family. If she lost any of them, she'd feel so alone or blame herself for them getting hurt because of her. That's why she secretly watches over Judai a lot because she knows eventually he will become targeted by the random occurrences that are involving her friends being placed in danger, but will still try to keep her powers a secret from him and everyone else that isn't aware of them for as long as she can to keep them out of harm's way.
Hayden is a young teenage woman with the average height of 5'2" with long brownish-blond waist length hair. Her hair has grown out to be much fuller and wavier with her bangs naturally frame her face without her hair clips and also hang over her ears (however when she activates her pactio, her hair and bangs are pushed behind her ears with the hairpins). Her most noticeable physical trait is her slender yet curvaceous figure for a teenager and her large D-cup sized breasts. When attending school, Hayden wore the required T-A Girls uniform that consists of a light gray uniform top with a dark gray sailor V-neck collar with dark red stripes and a small dark red bow, the skirt is dark gray, going halfway down to her knees, black dress socks and black suede shoes. For casual attire, Hayden's usually seen wearing skirts, cardigans, polos, dresses with the following footwear of platform shoes, sandals, low high heel shoes, and tennis shoes.
- While Hayden was born in New York City to parents Arisa and Koji Yuki, she was raised in Domino, Japan for a little while until her younger brother Judai was born to which case they moved to Tokyo due to Koji having gotten a job offer to work as a Todai University as a Foreign Language Professor. She had an easy life growing up with two parents that loved her and a younger brother who she adores and as his older sister, makes it her job to protect him at all times, even if he himself is not aware of this. Long story short, they moved quite a bit, causing Hayden to have to go from one school to another. This made it hard for her to keep friends as well as being caught up with her classes. But once her family settled in Tokyo, she immediately began attending school at the T-A Private Academy for Girls school. While attending the school, she was constantly bullied by the other girls who made her feel as if she wasn't pretty at all, despite being a very friendly and upbeat kind of person that loved to make friends.
- This lasted for awhile until Arisa decided to teach her daughter how to stand up for herself, thus she began learning karate. Hayden didn't like the idea of fighting, having to hurt someone just to get them to back off but her mother told her that she didn't have to use karate for that. She could use it to defend herself to get out of a situation that would usually involve her being pinned and unable to move as well as sticking up for her friends when they need it. Usually Arisa would tell her that threats work better than beating the crap out of someone, of course she was telling Hayden this to make her feel more confident about her appearance and as a person whereas she herself, never really followed her own advice. But Hayden understood where her mother was coming from. It didn't matter what others thought of her so long as she was happy with herself, that was what truly mattered.
- The bullying slowed up, especially when she'd made friends with a young tomboyish girl named Tana Nanako who was the daughter of a man that owned a dojo where she grew up learning different martial art styles. Tana didn't mind being friends with Hayden and the two hit it off instantly. They backed each other up and Hayden even began training further into martial arts under her new best friend. Eventually, she began making more and more friends, one of them being a crazed obsessed outwardly expressed lesbian girl named Madoka Matsuoka who affectionately addresses her all the time by "My Darling Hay Valley" and tries as much as possible to hug, grope and fondle Hayden any chance she got but Tana would always intervene by striking Madoka down and beating the crap out of her. At the very least, school life got a little easier for her, especially when she began to blossom in the chest area when she hit junior high.
Realizing she was differentEdit
- Home life for the most part was fairly normal, except for the occasions when she would always walk by Judai's room and hear him talking to himself. At first, Hayden thought nothing of it until she decided to one day peek into her brother's room without him realizing it to see who he was talking to. To her surprise, it was not a person but a spirit of one of many Duel Monster cards that Judai had, more specifically, Winged Kuriboh. Hayden believed herself to be going crazy and shrugged it off, not confronting her brother on or their parents on what she saw. Not even asking her brother about his frequent conversations, she would just smile worriedly and nod, while in the back of her mind she hoped that what both her and her brother were seeing was nothing something that could cause any harm to them or anyone else. That was her very first experience in seeing something that shouldn't exist.
Meeting Ian KurosuwaEdit
- Her second is when she was fifteen and met a young boy named Ian Kurosuwa while on her way home from the store. Ian was fighting what Hayden viewed to look like a very large monster that made an attempt to attack her because she was just there but he managed to save her before the creature killed her but not without leaving a bruise on her arm. The creature was taken out but the event left her completely stunned at what she'd just seen as well as curious as to who the young boy was. He introduced himself to her, finding out that he attended Juuban Municipal Academy, being of the same grade that she was in. Hayden asked him what was the thing he was fighting to which he responded with him saying to her that if he told her, that would mean he would be getting her involved and putting her in harm's way. At the same time, he was surprised that she could see the creature because normally no one else did. This led Ian to believe that Hayden possessed some sort of power of her own that she was not yet aware of. But for the time being, he dismissed it and bid farewell to her, believing that he would not see her again.
Awakening of her PowersEdit
- However, Hayden could not forget about him. In fact, she had fallen in love instantly and wanted to see Ian again. But she didn't want to be classified as some sort of creepy stalker and therefore kept her feelings about him as well as his existence to herself. She didn't even tell Tana about him. It wasn't too long after that, that Hayden and her friends were attacked on T-A campus grounds by a vengeful spirit that had the ability to take control over the bodies of multiple people, numbing them all over and forcing them to attack those around them. The power of this spirit took control of Tana's body and forced her to attack Hayden.
- Hayden, horrified at this, couldn't attack her friend, even if she was possessed by some spirit that only she was able to see as well as sense the darkness that emitted from it. She took many blows from her possessed friend until Ian came to her rescue, for which he only kicked Tana hard to send her flying away from them both. He asked Hayden in a serious tone if she could see what was causing her friend to attack her and she responded with a yes but didn't know how or why. He simply stated that she was gifted with a power that is slowly awakening inside of her. If she wanted to understand it as well as be able to protect those she cared about, she would enter into a contract with him and train using her abilities. Hayden didn't want to believe Ian at first but she had no time to think on it as Tana and a few more students were coming at them to attack.
- She reluctantly agreed to the idea of entering into a contract with Ian, not exactly knowing what kind of contract he was talking about. Not until he summoned a magic circle underneath the two of them and kissed her. This action not only surprised and embarrassed her, but it'd awakened her dormant abilities as well as granted her magical powers and a weapon. Hayden had entered into a contract that was known as a Pactio. He'd told her how to activate it but as for how to use it, she was on her own. She manages to figure it out on her own, helping Ian to defeat the spirit that was possessing everyone. They all passed out, awakening later with no recollection of what happened to them. From that point on, the two of them became partners, fought together as partners.
Keeping her powers a SecretEdit
- She kept her powers a secret from everyone but finally told her friends about Ian and how much she really liked him. She'd even been introduced to Ian's friends as the two had begun hanging out more, especially since they were training together in order to help her get better with her abilities, which was proving to be quite hard considering that Hayden isn't the type that is fond of physical confrontation. Ian decided to take her to a shop hidden in the furthest part of the city owned by a man that dealt in magics and the occult. He was able to explain more about Hayden's powers to her and was willing to train her as he'd train Ian. Over the course of time, Ian grew very fond of Hayden, finally asking her to go out with him and they dated for the next two years until he decided to finally ask her if she would marry him.
- By then, her parents and her brother were fully aware of who Ian was and didn't seem to have any problem with the two of them dating. Hell, they were happy when the two got engaged. During the time they were dating, Ian and just about everyone else had fallen victim to her bizarre food recipes, given that she loved to cool. While Hayden eats normal food, cooks and eats unusual meals, which other people often find unappetizing. Her favorite food is red bean paste and she likes putting butter on sweet potatoes. She enjoys cheese and butter most of the time. Hayden has demonstrated that she is perceptive when it comes to people's mental and emotional state, especially in regards to Ian and Judai as she is able to tell what kind of driving force is pushing someone. he has exhibited traits that appear to have some connection with people, an awareness of what mood they're in and sensing their feelings of anguish, disappointment, or worry, even feeling pain herself when she sees anyone she cares about getting hurt.
- Hayden was a member of the Handicrafts Club and Cooking Club at T-A. She liked to invent ridiculous sports to play with Tana and some of their other female friends. Though she is a graduate of T-A Private Girls Academy, she continues to actively and secretly use her powers to protect everyone whenever a situation arises that requires her to do so. She's still engaged to Ian and plans to move in with him once the two of them are married. Until that time, she focuses her mind on training to use her powers more as well as concentrating on her college schoolwork. She does hope that someday she will be able to tell at least her family about her abilities without them thinking that she is crazy but for now, Hayden feels it's best if they didn't know.
- Hayden's main love interest is Ian Kurosuwa, whom she plans to marry eventually. She is deeply in love with him, having fell for him within an instant upon their first meeting and from there, she could not stop thinking about him. Once they are married, she hopes to have a wonderful married and family life with her husband and will not keep the fact that she has powers from any children that they have.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Hand to Hand CombatEdit
- Like Judai, Hayden too knows how to fight to defend herself as well as others. However, she is much better at it than her younger brother whom she beats constantly whenever they do decide to spar against one another. She is a pacifist by nature but has shown to have an exceptional talent for martial arts. She not only has trained under her mother somewhat in karate but under a friend of her as well on a regular basis. Hayden has the fighting skill of a black belt. She is at least strong enough to incapacitate two people who are twice her size and half her skill level.
- Hayden has keen senses in detecting spiritual energy. An example of this is that she can sense dark energy within a particular area that she is in or in some cases see unusual spirits whether they be of people or in Judai's case, Duel Monster spirits, that being the reason why she never questions him in the event she ever caught him talking to himself.
- Hayden has been involved in magical and non-magical related battles to a point she has become strong enough to separately survive even the strongest attacks from her opponents.
Capillum Acus - This is the name of Hayden's pactio artifact that are the light blue hairpins she has that are either worn in her hair or clipped to the collar of her school uniform, and she transform into an outfit that consists of a white long dress that stops above her thighs. Although in her pactio picture, she is barefoot, when activated, she is wearing white three inch high heel shoes. To summon her hairpins artifact, she has to recite the following command which is 'Adeat' and it'll instantly appear along with her changing into the new outfit that comes with it. To return the artifact back to its original state, Hayden would have to say 'Abeat' which is another way of saying 'Return'.
- Shun Shun Rikka (Six Flowers of the Hibiscus Shield) - The power of Hayden's hairpins manifests itself as six fairy-like creatures and only those who are magical beings or have the ability to see spirits can see them. They reside in her hairpins that is shaped like six-petaled flowers, each fairy is two points on a given clip when not active. Using various combinations of the six fairies, Hayden is able to reject fate by denying or undoing events in various forms. The power is used in a fashion of attack, defense, or both. It is Hayden's determination that directly influences the effectiveness of her powers. When she has feelings of doubt and worry, it makes them weaker while conviction and confidence makes them stronger. Hayden's techniques involve incantations manipulating the Shun Shun Rikka into different groups, meaning she would have to voice the names of the members involved in her attacks followed by the technique name and the phrase "I Reject". The fairies are separate manifestations of Hayden's spirit, each with its own unique appearance and personality, and each named after a flower: Ayame (Iris); Ayame is a shy female spirit covered in a dress larger than her body. She is capable of healing together with Shun'ō. Baigon (Ume); Baigon is a bald male spirit with a mask that covers the bottom of his face. He is brawny and has a large body. He is capable of shielding Hayden from attacks along with Hinaginku and Lily. Hinaginku (Daisy); Hinaginku is a highly energetic male spirit with a large eye patch that ends in a horn. He is capable of shielding Hayden from attacks along with Baigon and Lily. Lily (Lily); Lily is a female spirit with bright pink hair, transparent yellow goggles, and a blue bathing suit. She has a tattoo on her backside. She is capable of shielding Hayden from attacks along with Baigon and Hinaginku. Shun'ō (Althea); Shun'ō is a friendly young male spirit (who has the appearance of a female) with a topknot. He and Tsubaki are usually the ones who talk to Hayden. He is capable of healing together with Ayame. Tsubaki (Camellia); Tsubaki is a fiery male spirit who is the only Shun Shun Rikka capable of direct attack. He often strikes anyone who gets on his nerves (including Hayden). Because he is primarily focused on attacking, he is vulnerable to counter-attacks and has been injured several times. The stronger Hayden's anger and killing intent, the more powerful he becomes. However, Hayden's timid nature limits his overall power and has contributed to him being constantly injured.
- Santen Kesshun (Three Sacred Links Shield) - Is Hayden's defensive technique. The incantation arranges Hinaginku, Lily and Baigon into a triangle that has the ability to repel the "outer shield." A shield is raised between her and her enemy, and they repel the attack she receives. Because the barrier rejects negative events, it can also function as an airbag of sorts, allowing her and anyone else nearby to survive a potentially lethal fall unharmed.
- Sōten Kisshun (Twin Sacred Return Shield) - Is Hayden's "healing" technique. The incantation summons Ayame and Shun'ō to form a half-oval barrier around whatever or whomever she wishes. Their ability is to repel the "inner shield." The shield placed inside means that they repel the damage within a limited area. In other words, they return a subject covered by the shield to the state that they were before taking damage.
- Koten Zanshun (Solitary Sacred Cutting Shield) - Is Hayden's offensive technique. The incantation summons Tsubaki who has the ability to repel "both sides of the shield." He breaks through the enemy, puts up a shield inside, and repels the combined substance, thus splitting the enemy in two. While Tsubaki can cut through basically anything, it's Hayden's general dislike of combat and hesitation to use lethal force degrades the effectiveness of the technique, making him easy to counter and equally easy to injure.
- Shiten Kōshun (Shield of Four Heavens' Resistance) - Is another of Hayden's techniques that combines both offensive and defensive properties. The incantation integrates Tsubaki into the center of her Santen Kesshun ability, creating a pyramidal shield that at the very instant of receiving an attack, disperses the resultant force as a concentrated explosion that is automatically returned along the attacks opposing trajectory.
- Hayden's character design was based entirely off of Orihime Inoue from Bleach.
- While Hayden's based off of Orihime, they do have a lot of differences background wise.
- They both have a brother, however, Hayden's brother is younger and very much alive.
- Hayden's powers, although locked away like Orihime's, however, they were not awakened until she'd formed a pactio with Ian Kurosuwa, thus allowing her to be able to assist him in battle whenever necessary.
- Unlike Orihime who attended the same school with Ichigo Kurosaki and was acquainted with him, Hayden did not attend the same school as Ian Kurosuwa, therefore they became acquainted whens he was walking home from the store and she stumbled upon Ian fighting what she classified as a 'very large monster'.
- Hayden was born in New York City, not Karakura Town like Orihime.
- Hayden's hair is blonde while Orihime's is orange.
- Hayden and Orihime both have a tomboy best friend but they share different names.
- Hayden and Orihime both have a lesbian stalker that is in love with them however not only do their names differ but Hayden's stalker Madoka Matsuoka addresses her as 'My Darling Hay Valley'.
- Hayden and Orihime both cook odd tasting meals but Hayden at least can prepare normal dishes to eat.
- Hayden can see duel monster spirits like her younger brother Judai Yuki.
- No one in her family knows that she has powers but she is aware that Judai can see duel spirits and has a pactio of his own to use to fight whenever a situation arises that calls for it. Hayden knows this because she makes it a point to watch her brother from afar without him knowing about it.
- Hayden has only dueled maybe a few times out of her entire life, the last time was against her brother and in the process she'd been injured by the power of the card named 'Yubel' who's spirit was in it. Unlike everyone else who was put into a coma due to Yubel's power, Hayden survived. It can't be hinted that her hidden powers is what saved her. It can also be hinted that she knew about Yubel's presence and has not said anything but it could also be while she might be a bit overprotective of Judai.
- Hayden's mother shares the same personality and maiden name as Arisa Uotani from Fruits Basket. It is not know if the two are the same since Arisa in Fruits Basket met and was fond of Kureno Sohma while Arisa Yuki met and later became fond of Koji Yuki.